Cycle-Smart Tucson Training Camp
Registration is now open for the Cycle-Smart Tucson Training
Camp. Space for the camp is limited, so go to BikeReg.com
Here are the details:
- The camp will take place February 15-22.
- Cost of the camp: $850.
This includes coaching, bike-fitting services, mechanic services, transportation
from Tucson International Airport to the
host hotel, and lodging. It does not include meals or airfare.
- The camp price includes a non-refundable deposit of $275.
- Three Cycle-Smart coaches will be on hand for the camp: Adam
Hodges Myerson, Ben Turner,
and Johs Huseby.
- The camp is open to Cycle-Smart clients and non-clients both.
So feel free to suggest it to people you know to be interested, and
to pass along the details to other folks not on this list.
- Coaches will include Adam Hodges Myerson, Johs Huseby, and possibly
US Pro Criterium Champion Kevin Monohan
- We will be staying at the Chateau Sonata, in 2-bedroom, 2-twin bed,
4-person suites. (If you require different arrangements, please contact
us to discuss other options and pricing.)
- There will be rides each day, with typically an A and a B ride, depending
on how many riders there are and their different abilities.
- There will also be a number of lectures/seminars during the week,
bike-fitting provided by the coaches
- The hotel rooms include a kitchen, and the hotel has both a heated
a sauna for the guests' use.
- There will be a mechanic on hand for the duration of the camp, and
car for every ride.
Tentative ride schedule:
Day 1, Sunday, February 15: Arrive in Tucson, bike-fitting
evening welcome meeting.
Day 2. Monday, February 16: Sprints, 2-3 hours. Old
Spanish Trail, Colossal
Cave, Evening Seminar.
Day 3, Tuesday, February 17: Threshold. 3-4 hours
Day 4, Wednesday, February 18: Endurance, 4-6 hours.
Day 5, Thursday, February 19: Recovery, 2 hours. Old
Spanish Trail, Evening
Day 6, Friday, February 20: Threshold, 3-4 hours.
Saguaro National Park,
Day 7, Saturday, February 21: Endurance, 4-6 hours.
Mt. Lemmon, or Shootout
Ride pending Mt. Lemmon road reconstruction status.
Day 8, Sunday, February 22: Depart from Tucson
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Nathan or Adam.
Adam Hodges Myerson